Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Assignment 1A-Me, Myself and I

During our first tutorial, I presented my four preliminary sketches and my 2 rough to the class not much comments were given except some ideas to improve on my 2 roughs and some comments made on the preliminary sketches.

The four preliminary sketches that I had made are below.

I explained about my third preliminary sketches that I love freedom so I draw a bird to show that and also form young I loved rockets and I enjoyed playing basketball a lot that’s where my inspiration of the third sketch came from. Jing commented that my bird she understand the usual connotation of a bird with freedom but my bird doesn’t look like it represent freedom but rather it looks like it’s very constricted. Actually I also feel the same way but my intention was to sketch the bird to make it look like a ‘Y’ therefore causing it to look a bit constricted.

Out of the four sketches, my fourth was the least obvious and I saw many puzzled face when I presented it to the class. I drew a cocktail glass with a small umbrella and a cherry. The shape of the cocktail glass was supposed to represent my initial ‘Y’ and the shape of the umbrella was supposed to represent and ‘A’ while the shape of the cherry was supposed to represent an ‘O’.

Out of the four sketches I choose the first sketches and further develop into the two other roughs as shown below. The comments given from my tutorial peers was that I can incorporate the pool table into the whole design of the initial rather than just using it for the ‘O’. I kind of like the suggestion given as on the whole it will look more incorporated and also it will look livelier. Jing commented something about colours and the way things are displayed. Just by mere displaying the pool balls and cue sticks into my initials doesn’t show that I like to play pool. Instead using brighter colours and also less rigid way of displaying the cue balls will be a better presentation of my liking towards pool.

I had taken the advice from my peers and incorporated the pool table into my design and also i had display the cue balls in a less rigid mannerand in a more relax and fun loving way. Also, i had chosen brighter colours for the cue balls to potray my love for pool. Lastly i used a triangle to represent the 'O' instead of a cue ball to show a more variety instead of keep using the cue balls.

Final Prototype
I had chosen the equipment of pool to represent my name because i personally feel that in life there is full of influences and temptation. Sometimes the person holding the cue stick might be someone of a good influence like parents and some good friends who push u towards the good hole or it might be the reverse whereby it's someone who is of bad influence holding the cue stick pushing u into the bad hole. Life is full of unexpected good and bad influence and temptation so we muz beware of what is actually happening. The triangle rack is a stage of equilibrium whereby the ball will be rack up in a orderly way and fashion which is just like life is full of up and downs and will reach a stage of equilibrium when rack up and change to up and downs when hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment